Wednesday, January 26, 2005

AP - Democrats Say Rice Misled About Iraq War

Democrats Say Rice Misled About Iraq War: "WASHINGTON - Senate Democrats said Tuesday that Condoleezza Rice lied to them, misled Americans about the Iraq war or served as an apologist for Bush administration failures in Iraq, but she remained on track for confirmation as secretary of state.

Rice, who has been President Bush's national security adviser for four years, was one of the loudest voices urging war, Democrats said. She repeatedly deceived members of Congress and Americans at large about justifications for the war, said Sen. Mark Dayton, D-Minn.

"I don't like impugning anyone's integrity, but I really don't like being lied to," Dayton said in opposing Rice's nomination on the Senate floor. "Repeatedly, flagrantly, intentionally."

Rice is expected to win confirmation on Wednesday. Senate Majority Leader Bill Frist, R-Tenn., predicted that Rice would have "an overwhelming majority" of votes."

1 Comments:

At 1:19 PM, Blogger Steven said...

I like your site. I guess I shouldn't have been surprised when I saw Bush win the election in November. The same thing happened when Nixon was re elected in '72. The only difference I see this time is that Bush doesn't worry about lying. Why should he. He's not intelligent enough to be in charge.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home