Wednesday, June 23, 2004

F911 Exclusive: Fahrenheit 911 Fans Make Their Own Fashion Statements

Catherine Hale, a 20 year old Baton Rouge, Louisianan and student of LSU, published a series of photos of herself to a Michael Moore community wearing a homemade F911 shirt. This is what she has to say:

The Shirt
I made this shirt for myself and for others to see. I wanted to get the word out about the movie and promote as much as I could. I enjoy making things in my free time so I found myself creating this shirt after I noticed the slogan line for the movie on www.imdb.com: "The Temperature at which freedom burns"

I feel strongly about the movie because of my recent indulgence into the world of Michael Moore and politics. It took me a while to finish making the shirt because I had to create all of the non-word graphics on my own. I took iron-on letters and cut them into the shapes I needed to create the flames and wing. Very tedious!

Incase you're scratching your head about the wing on my shoulder, it represents my "left wing" duh! ha ha. I know, I know, my brother's already informed me that I'm a huge dork.

Hope you enjoy the pictures.

Front
Back
Shoulder

Politics
I've gotten really heavy into what is going on in politics today. It was never a topic of interest for me in the past but lately I've learned A LOT!! (I'm only 20 so I, of course, couldn't vote last go-round so I kept my mind in other issues)

I'm admittedly a lazy, non-reader but that doesn't block my enjoyment of learning. It also hasn't stopped me from being able to read/listen to Michael Moore's two books, "Dude, Where's My Country?" and "Stupid White Men" (thanks to book-on-tape). Ever since I got the books I've listened to them non-stop while in my car and at work. I've been through the second half of "Dude..." 4 times and I’ve listened to "Stupid..." twice all the way through. Each time I listen to them I here new things that I forgot from the previous listening because of info overload.

It's crazy what things are going on right now and I never knew before (like a lot of ignorant Americans).

I can't wait for JUNE 25th so I can see the movie and then see it again. If people care AT ALL about what is going on with this country they will be there to see some truth with their own eyes.

Thanks
Thanks for viewing my shirt. I'll be sporting it at the theater this Friday. I hope to see a sold out theater!! And last, before I finish, I want to thank Michael Moore for making a movie filled with all of this information. So many people are ignorant because they don't know the facts. It's “easy” for people to listen to the news, and righties, slash the left and praise the right and they except it for the truth. Lots of people don't want to go out of their way to obtain all of the facts so they end up getting a slanted view. This movie will be "easy learning" for many people. Hopefully the people who still praise Bush, because of what they’ve been TOLD to believe, view the movie they will see the light they've been blind from ever since they ate what FOX (and lots of others) spoon fed them. Thanks again for viewing my shirt, I spent a lot of time and heart on it. – Catherine Hale

BTW: The shirt is NOT for Sale!

3 Comments:

At 8:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Catherine, I am quite impressed by this shirt and your thoughts towards this movie. I only wish there were more 20-year old girls like yourself! Nicely done!

 
At 2:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cathrine, What have you gone nutz or something? Keep this up and you will be out of my will.....Uncle Wynn

 
At 11:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

the left wing is great! I think you could really have started something.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home