Tuesday, November 02, 2004

MichaelMoore.com : Submit your Election Day 2004 Irregularity

MichaelMoore.com : Submit your Election Day 2004 Irregularity: "I go to Duke, so I'm in Durham, NC for this part of the year. I applied in early October for an absentee ballot. I started to receive campaign junk-mail, but no ballot. I e-mailed them TWICE, and no response. My mom got through to them(early part of week before election) and they said that they would Fed-Ex it to her(much closer to polling place and we didn't trust them to get it very far at that point) so that she could then get it to me and then I would overnight it back. It would be expensive, but I really wanted to vote. It is now Nov. 2 and I haven't gotten my absentee ballot here, nor has my mom received the supposedly Fed-Ex'd ballot. I did what I was supposed to do in order to vote, and I am disenfranchised. The Broward Election Office failed in its duty to protect my right to vote. If Kerry loses by a small margin, it's because people like me fell through the cracks.

Sam L.
2004-11-02 - 02:17:44"

Citizens from all over the country are submitting their "Irregularity voting" stories to Michael Moore Dot Com. Their tales of woe are being published immediately. Cool. What an excellent use of the net. Check out what is happening to individuals failing to excersise their right to vote in your state.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home