Thursday, September 02, 2004

MTV.com - News -Andre 3000 Clarifies: He Is Not In New York To Support Bush

MTV.com - News -Andre 3000 Clarifies: He Is Not In New York To Support Bush: "VMAs in Miami and working on their upcoming HBO film in North Carolina, Outkast have been all over the East Coast in the past week. But possibly the most controversial Outkast sighting has been Andre 3000's presence at the Republican National Convention in New York.

Contrary to a rumor that has been spreading faster than Farnsworth Bentley can steal a show, Dre is not attending the convention to support George Bush, or to perform.

'The reason why I'm here [is because] I'm doing a documentary on youth and voting,' Dre said at his hotel Wednesday night. 'I guess people got wind that I was coming here for the Republican convention, [but] they really didn't know the complete story. I wanted to clear it up. You had a lot of people around town, people in the streets, that heard I was supposed to be performing at the convention. A lot of people [are] riled up and upset, and that was never the case. It almost [leads] me to think, 'Who put it out there that I was performing?' I don't know if it was to bring heat to a certain party. I just want to let people know that this is a nonpartisan documentary I'm doing.'"

—Shaheem Reid
MTV News

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home