Wednesday, July 28, 2004

Article Online: Bloggers: We've Jumped the Shark

Article Online: Bloggers: We've Jumped the Shark: "I thought bloggers were going to be treated like royalty. However, when I introduce myself as a blogger, I get this funny look.
It's the same look that says, 'oh, you're one of those people.'
One girl, who will remain nameless, put the mood into context by saying, 'It seems that the media is making you guys bigger than the convention!' In the places that I am going, there isn't any excitement toward me being a blogger or the blogosphere as a whole. In fact, most people still don't particularly know what a blog is.
So have bloggers jumped the shark? Sure, in a way that's true. But is it out fault? No. Should the media write hundreds of articles about a relatively obscure part of the Internet? No. We're just up here in Boston doing whatever it is we want to do.
But in some ways, bloggers are the only exciting things about this convention. Since big media has turned their back on the whole convention process, blogs are filling in the gaps, albeit to a much smaller audience.
Still, I don't introduce myself as a blogger anymore. I'm more of an independent observer."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home