Friday, June 25, 2004

MTV.com: Michael Moore To Teens: Sneak Into '9/11' If You Have To

MTV.com - Movies - News - Articles - 1488698 - 06252004: "'I have encouraged teenagers to go see this movie,' Moore told MTV News. 'Sneak into this movie. Get in by any means necessary. If you see me near a theatre, I'll help sneak you in. Just get into this movie, because it should not be R-rated. And if your parents object, tell them I said it was OK. I'll write you a note or something.'

The controversial documentary asks questions about the war in Iraq, the way President Bush dealt with September 11, and the Bush family's ties to the Saudi royal family and the family of Osama bin Laden. In the debate that the film has generated (see ' 'Fahrenheit 9/11' Hot Spots: We Examine Five Critical Facts From The Film'), some critics have said Moore implants his own presence too firmly in the film and makes it largely a personal crusade against Bush.

'I firmly believe that my name is on the blood of [the Iraqi] people,' Moore explained. 'Because I pay my taxes and I funded those bombs, my name was on those bombs. Now I have a moral responsibility to the people who died that this president is not allowed to continue this illegal and immoral war.'"



by Alyssa Rashbaum,
with reporting by Gideon Yago

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home