Friday, June 25, 2004

IMDb user comments for Fahrenheit 9/11 (2004)

IMDb user comments for Fahrenheit 9/11 (2004): "I posted yesterday, prior to seeing Fahrenheit 911, that I had many issues with everyone's bickering about Mr. Moore's film. Enough is enough... if you bash this film you are being anti-American. Are we not living in a democracy where we believe in the right to freedom of speech? Do we not believe in challenging our government (which plenty of people did when Clinton was in office)?

So why is Michael Moore's film such a big deal?

Now I have seen it (even though it was so hard to get tickets for it since all the shows were sold out). So here are my feelings about the film. I feel the same way that I did when I saw Roger & Me and Bowling For Columbine.

Wait, before you read this, promise to continue after this next sentence.

Fahrenheit 911 is absolutely brilliant.

Moore's film should be taken as more of a dissertation on the Bush Administration's reaction to the horrific events of September 11th, rather than what one would refer to as cinema verite (if you want that, go seeControlRoom).

While the arguments that Moore makes are just as convincing as they were with Bowling For Columbine, I have always had a special appreciation for thequestions that Mr. Moore asks. "


Film fan shows off first Fahrenheit 9/11 Button at
the Fremont Fair, Seattle, WA June 19, 2004

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home