Saturday, July 03, 2004

Michael Moore.com : My First Wild Week with "Fahrenheit 9/11"

Michael Moore.com: "Friends,Where do I begin? This past week has knocked me for a loop. 'Fahrenheit 9/11,' the #1 movie in the country, the largest grossing documentary ever. My head is spinning. Didn't we just lose our distributor 8 weeks ago? Did Karl Rove really fail to stop this? Is Bush packing?

Each day this week I was given a new piece of information from the press that covers Hollywood, and I barely had time to recover from the last tidbit before the next one smacked me upside the head:

** More people saw 'Fahrenheit 9/11' in one weekend than all the people who saw 'Bowling for Columbine' in 9 months.
** 'Fahrenheit 9/11' broke 'Rocky III's' record for the biggest box office opening weekend ever for any film that opened in less than a thousand theaters.
** 'Fahrenheit 9/11' beat the opening weekend of 'Return of the Jedi.'
** 'Fahrenheit 9/11' instantly went to #2 on the all-time list for largest per-theater average ever for a film that opened in wide-release.
How can I ever thank all of you who went to see it? These records are mind-blowing. They have sent shock waves through Hollywood � and, more importantly, through the White House."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home