Saturday, July 03, 2004

Modbee.com | Americans in their 20s should go see 'Fahrenheit 9/11'

Modbee.com | The Modesto Bee: "I was thrilled to learn that Michael Moore's 'Fahrenheit 9/11' was last weekend's top box-office earner. I only hope millions of my twentysomething peers were watching it as well.
On a recent Friday afternoon, my family and I headed to the Bay Area to sit in a small theater packed with older folks -- mostly graying ex-hippies who wore anti-Bush T-shirts. When the movie was over and a pit had formed in my stomach, I began to realize the historic and social importance of our time. My generation needs to see this film -- now.
Regardless of whether you agree with Moore's message, this is a film for and about young people. It's a film about jobs, college, politics and what it means to be an American in the 21st century. It's a film that can spark discussions among people of all ideologies. Most important, it recognizes some of the problems my peers and I will have to fix in the coming years.
I believe both liberals and conservatives understand that America's place in the world is not ideal. We all have a lot of work to do."


By MEGAN KNIZE
The Modesto Bee

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home