Saturday, June 19, 2004

Rocky Mountain News: Moore controversy

Rocky Mountain News: Movies: "The day I talked to Michael Moore, I'd read an item in the New York Daily News claiming that this so-called man of the people had a hot tub installed on the balcony of his Manhattan apartment.
Asked about this earth-shattering news earlier this week, Moore laughed. 'I don't have a hot tub. I don't even have a balcony.'

"Look, if 15 of the 19 hijackers had been from North Korea, the headline in the Rocky Mountain News would have read, 'North Korea attacks the U.S.' If 15 of the 19 had been from Cuba and were funded by Cubans, the headline would have been, 'Castro attacks the U.S.' "

Moore further argues that Bush and associates - through board memberships, jobs and gifts - have received $1.4 billion in Saudi money.

"If you gave me $1.4 billion, I'd be real nice to you, too. If you called and asked on Sept. 11 if you can get some people out of the country, I'd do it for you. I'm not really judging them (the Bushes). They just did the human thing. When your benefactors call, you answer right away."

Moore says the media have been so reflexively pro-military, that the Marine Corps didn't bother to ask him why he wanted to follow two eager recruiters around a mall in Flint, Mich. That trip produced a segment in which the recruiters seem willing to say nearly anything to elicit positive responses. "They just assumed it would be positive. That's a sad commentary on how our media has behaved. I never got to the point where they even asked if it was me."

By Robert Denerstein
Rocky Mountain News

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home