Friday, August 19, 2005

Democracy Now! | Crawford Vigil Is Not OverExclusive Interview with Cindy Sheehan After Mother's Stroke: "I Want to Get Back As Soon As Possible"

Democracy Now! | Crawford Vigil Is Not OverExclusive Interview with Cindy Sheehan After Mother's Stroke: "I Want to Get Back As Soon As Possible": "Cindy Sheehan had to leave Crawford temporarily after her mother suffered a stroke. She spoke with Democracy Now! in the airport on her way to Los Angeles. She said that also she left her vigil without meeting with President Bush, she said, 'This Camp Casey movement is bigger than me. It's growing, it's bigger than any of us.'
Cindy Sheehan went on, 'I believe that it is my right and responsibility as an American to question our government when our government is wrong. I'm not one of the immature patriots who say my country right or wrong because my country is wrong now, and my country-the policies of my country are responsible for killing tens of thousands of innocent people, and I won't stand by and let that happen anymore.' "

click title to access interview

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home