Friday, January 14, 2005

David Rovics: Counter Inaugural Gig & Beyond

So the inauguration of our illustrious corporate dictator is coming right up, and a week of events in the DC area has already started.

Folks are heading to DC from all over the place, so I thought I'd send this bit to everybody. My participation in the various events begins on Sunday (Jan. 16), with one or more events each day through Friday (Jan. 21). Most of the events I'm involved with and more can be found at www.counter-inaugural.org.

Watch the counter-inaugural press conference held December 21, 2004 at the National Press Club. [watch video]


Photo: Washington University Daily

After the Counter-Inaugural, I have solo shows and gigs with Robb Johnson and others, in Florida, North and South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, New York, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Kansas, Washington state, Oregon, California, Arizona, Ontario, Ohio and elsewhere, in February, March and April. (After that I head back to the midwest briefly and then to tour Scandinavia with Anne Feeney in May and Britain with Attila the Stockbroker in June.)

My 2005 gig itinerary

From February on there are various dates free in pretty much every region I'll be in, in case you or anyone you know might want to organize something.

Listen to David's new song, Election, that was recorded December 30, 2004:

play lo-fi play hi-fi MP3 Lyrics/Story

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home