Friday, December 31, 2004

Tsunami - The Song

Tsunami
David Rovics

What do you say to someone
Who's just lost everything
Eventually things might be OK
As he's standing there
With all that's left of life
Before the ocean rose and took it all away

I was at the mosque
I wasn't on the shore
I guess it was my lucky day
And when I made it home
There was no one there
The ocean rose and took them all away

We were fighting
For independence
That's all that I was thinking yesterday
But now all I'm thinking
Is we're on an island
And the ocean rose and took it all away

We're on an island
And the big trees all were cut
And this is how we all had to pay
Maybe Mr. Ford
Was on vacation in Thailand
When the ocean rose and took it all away

If this had happened
In Kyoto
Or San Francisco, I wonder what they'd say
But this ain't New York
It's just Aceh
Where the ocean rose and took it all away

---------------------

A recording of Tsunami will be available in a couple of weeks at www.soundclick.com/davidrovics.

If you know of other post Christmas Tsunami Tragedy songs, please let us know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home