Thursday, September 09, 2004

Sharon Bush Denies Kitty Kelley Account (washingtonpost.com)

Sharon Bush Denies Kitty Kelley Account (washingtonpost.com): "President Bush's former sister-in-law denied yesterday that she had given author Kitty Kelley any information about allegations of past drug use by Bush.
Sharon Bush is quoted in Kelley's forthcoming book about the Bush family as making one of the allegations, and Kelley's editor said in an interview Tuesday that she had provided 'confirmation' for the information.

But Sharon Bush, who is divorced from the president's brother Neil, said in a statement: "I categorically deny that I ever told Kitty Kelley that George W. Bush used cocaine at Camp David or that I ever saw him use cocaine at Camp David. When Kitty Kelley raised drug use at Camp David, I responded by saying something along the lines of, 'Who would say such a thing?'

"Although there have been tensions between me and various members of the Bush family, I cannot allow this falsehood to go unchallenged."

Doubleday, Kelley's publisher, was quick to dispute her account."


By Howard Kurtz
Washington Post Staff Writer

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home