Sunday, July 11, 2004

The Salt Lake Tribune -- MOVIES: Sight unseen, 'Fahrenheit 9/11' debate heats up the e-mail

The Salt Lake Tribune -- MOVIES: Sight unseen, 'Fahrenheit 9/11' debate heats up the e-mail: "I get some odd things in my e-mail, but nothing as odd as this disparate pair of responses to my review of 'Fahrenheit 9/11.'
One read:
With nothing better to do, I'm going through the Google collection of stories about 'Fahrenheit 9/11.' It's discouraging how many local reviewers have no clue on how to approach this (or probably any other) movie. I didn't expect to find an exemplary review in Salt Lake City, but that's what you wrote.
-- Bob Kamman, Phoenix
The other, sent anonymously just minutes before, was more to the point:
Sean,
You are a true f---. Rot in hell.

Now that the movie has been out in the public for a while, the uproar -- and the volume of my e-mail -- has died down a bit. In a way, that's too bad, because I am greatly interested in hearing how "Fahrenheit 9/11" is being received by regular moviegoers.
So I want to hear from you about "Fahrenheit 9/11," but I do want to lay down a few ground rules:
1. You must have seen the movie. As demonstrated above, I have already heard plenty from those who made up their minds not to see it.
2. Please include your name and the city where you live. If you have an opinion, be proud of it -- don't hide behind anonymity.
3. Keep it clean. If I wanted profanity, I'd listen to Dick Cheney.
Send those comments to me at: The Salt Lake Tribune, 143 S. Main St., second floor, Salt Lake City, UT 84111, or send e-mail to movies@sltrib .com"


Sean P. Means
Movies Columnist

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home