Saturday, July 10, 2004

Petetownshend.com - Pete's Diary - Fahrenheit Moore or Less

Petetownshend.com - Pete's Diary - 7 Jul 2004: "Michael Moore has been making some claims - mentioning me by name - which I believe distort the truth.
He says - among other things - that I refused to allow him to use my song WON'T GET FOOLED AGAIN in his latest film, because I support the war, and that at the last minute I recanted, but he turned me down. I have never hidden the fact that at the beginning of the war in Iraq I was a supporter. But now, like millions of others, I am less sure we did the right thing.
When first approached I knew nothing about the content of his film FAHRENHEIT 911. My publisher informed me they had already refused the use of my song in principle because MIRAMAX the producers offered well below what the song normally commands for use in a movie. They asked me if I wanted to ask for more money, I told them no.
Nevertheless, as a result of my refusal to consider the use, Harvey Weinstein - a good friend of mine, and my manager Bill Curbishley - interceded personally, explained in more detail to Bill what the movie was about, and offered to raise the bid very substantially indeed. This brought the issue directly to me for the first time. Bill emailed me and told me how keen Harvey and Michael Moore were to use my song. "

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home