Thursday, July 01, 2004

Moore's world -- more red, more blue

Moore's world -- more red, more blue: "Boston -- MAYBE IT WAS because the man on my left was doing a play-by-play when any member of the Bush team came on the screen. Maybe it was because the movie theater was within pitching range of Fenway Park.
But halfway through 'Fahrenheit 9/11,' I realized this wasn't an audience, it was a fan club. They weren't watching the movie, they were rooting for it.
I saw this movie in a sold-out theater on a Monday night surrounded by people in their 20s. You go, Michael. If 'Fahrenheit 9/11' preaches to the choir, you could find me in the alto section.
More to the point -- or Moore to the point -- I agreed with the filmmaker that George W. Bush didn't exactly win the 2000 election, that we were misled into the Iraq war and that the White House has used the terrorism alerts as a political toy. So add my review to the marquee: I laughed! I cried! "

Ellen Goodman
Washington Post Writers Group

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home