Saturday, July 17, 2004

The Joplin Globe: 'Fahrenheit 9/11' to make late arrival in Joplin

The Joplin Globe - Online Edition: "Movie hits Northstar 14 theaters July 23

Almost a month after it was released, Michael Moore's controversial documentary 'Fahrenheit 9/11' will play to Joplin movie-theater audiences.

Beginning Friday, July 23, 'Fahrenheit 9/11' will begin playing at Hollywood Theater's Northstar 14 in Joplin and Carthage resident Jean Blackwood said she's happy to see it finally arrive.

Blackwood sent a petition in early June with the names of over 60 local residents who wanted to see the movie open in Joplin to Northstar 14 and its parent company Wallace Theaters.

'I'm glad they're finally showing it,' Blackwood said. 'It will give many more people an opportunity to go see it, especially the younger people. It will make the people who signed the petition happy. '

Aaron Eidson, an assistant manager for Northstar 14, said he expects that there might be some complaints over the movie coming to Joplin, considering that he dealt with customers angry about the film even before it was scheduled to show at the theater.

'I had a lady call about a week ago who said she and a group of about 40 others wouldn't come to the theater again if we had the movie play,' Eidson said. "


Jeremiah Tucker
Globe Staff Writer

6 Comments:

At 5:11 PM, Blogger unrepentant resources said...

Looking for free green day ringtone for verizon info tonight I came across this free green day ringtone for verizon post. I was impressed. I love free green day ringtone for verizon and am glad I found this post. Keep it up!!

Paul

 
At 7:58 PM, Blogger tweedledeetweedledum said...

This blog is awesome! If you get a chance you may want to visit this free movie download site site, it's pretty awesome too!

 
At 8:22 PM, Blogger jon said...

cheap textbook used are so expensive. I agree, We have been looking for cheap textbook used all night for a new cheap textbook used class but havent been able to track down used cheap textbook used that I can afford. Anyway, I enjoyed looking at you cheap textbook used blog...

jon

 
At 5:36 AM, Blogger TS said...

Nice Blog!!!   I thought I'd tell you about a site that will let give you places where
you can make extra cash! I made over $800 last month. Not bad for not doing much. Just put in your
zip code and up will pop up a list of places that are available. I live in a small area and found quite
a few. MAKE MONEY NOW

 
At 10:05 AM, Blogger jon said...

We are trying to find good movie listing to take the kids this weekend. Good movie listing reviews are hard to find

I just stumbled onto your blog while looking. Seems to happen to me a lot since I am a knowledge mooch LOL

Thanks

 
At 11:47 PM, Blogger jon said...

After we paid for our kids maine summer camp for teen we found it tough to recover! I totally agree with you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home