Saturday, July 17, 2004

TheIowaChannel.com - News - Teenager Surprised by Harsh Letter from Madison County Attorney

TheIowaChannel.com - News - Teenager Surprised by Harsh Letter from Madison County Attorney: "A Madison County teenager trying to raise money to attend the Republican National Convention says he was 'shocked' at the reply he received from the Madison County Attorney.

Greg Baker has an opportunity to attend the GOP convention in New York City next month as a delegate. But he needs to raise $1,800 to pay his way to New York. He's selling cookies this week at the county fair in Winterset. Baker also sent out a fund-raising letter asking for help.
'I was shocked at first,' says Baker about the reply he received from County Attorney Martin Ramsey. Ramsey, a Democrat, responded with a hand-written note that said much more than 'no'. Among other things, his letter said 'Good luck with your fund-raiser. I think my money would be better spent purchasing tickets to Michael Moore's Farenheit 9/11.' The letter went on to say, 'I do not share your enthusiasm for your president and his gang.' And, since Ramsey is a Democrat, he wrote that asking for his financial help 'is very similar to asking me for a book of matches because you are going to a cross burning.'

Baker, the teen-ager, told KCCI, 'I'm not going for the Republican cause, even though I'm a Republican. I'm going for the experience.'"


TheIowaChannel

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home