Friday, July 02, 2004

Defend America Defeat Bush (we picked up some bumper stickers that read this slogan)

Well, Brent and I went and saw Fahrenheit 911 on opening night last weekend with Jeremy, Paul, Charlie, Dustin, Kelli, and Anna. It was AMAZING just as expected. Talk about take a run on your emotions.

It was really funny AND really sad. We're going to see it AGAIN tonight (with Joey and Ashely I think)! I can't wait because I'm sure there are things that I missed the first time or just have forgotten were included. Monday Brent, Paul, and I went to New Orleans for a House Party called "turn up the heat". It was pretty fun. There was about 100 people there all listening to a live feed of Michael Moore speaking out to us and answering a few questions. We were joined by more than 4,600 other house parties totaling about 55,000 people all over the US listening to Mike speak. It was pretty neat. It didn't last as long as we had expected but it was fun going and seeing all the different people who attended the party. I got a few complements on my shirt (the F911 one I made). Some old lady with a cute accent (from (paul says) probably either Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or South America) got me to stand up so she could show her husband. It was funny. She wanted to know where she could buy some. It's nice to see so many people who know what's really going on and be so interested to attend something hosted by Moveon.org (which Brent and I now belong to). We're going to post our pictures from the party to the moveon cite tonight. I'll probably post them here later too. I hope work goes by quickly because I'm ready to go watch the movie!!
-catherine (Blog Post)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home