Tuesday, June 22, 2004

National Post: A schlub's hubbub

National Post:

"Michael Moore, the director of Fahrenheit 9/11 and several more of George W. Bush's least favourite films, hasn't stopped talking all afternoon. Except for a short lunch break. Which would sound like a crack at his weight if it weren't entirely true.

He's here in Toronto because of Matt Lauer, the normally affable NBC host. Some Americans came to Canada to dodge the draft, others still make the trip to take advantage of the favourable exchange rate and access to Cuban cigars. Moore is only here to get away from Katie Couric's male mini-me.

'I got burnt-out answering questions from American journalists who are defensive about the movie because it basically says they didn't do their job. I think it was around Tuesday, I'd just finished this interview with Matt Lauer and [it was] attack! attack! attack! And I said to him, 'Man, if you'd asked questions half this tough of the administration we wouldn't be in this war,' ' Moore explains, seated in a suite on the 15th floor of the Four Seasons, clad in his usual T-shirt and jeans with a Made in Canada baseball cap. 'So I said to my wife, 'You know what I need for my head -- I gotta go to Canada for a day and I gotta watch this movie just once in a room full of Canadians.' '"

Aaron Wherry
National Post

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home