Thursday, June 17, 2004

MTV.com: Madonna Urges Her Fans To See Michael Moore's 'Fahrenheit 9/11'

MTV.com - Movies - News - Articles - 1488490 - 06172004: "Michael Moore has got Madonna's vote - she urged fans during her concert Wednesday night at New York's Madison Square Garden to go see his provocative new film, 'Fahrenheit 9/11.'

In what seemed to be a genuine, unscripted moment, the singer told the audience - which included the filmmaker himself - that she had just seen the film and that it had really affected her. Moore had screened the film to a crowd of celebrities and members of the press on Monday at New York's Ziegfeld Theater.

'I don't think I've ever cried so hard at a movie in my life,' Madonna said during a break in her performance. 'And I'm sure I still have a lot to learn from it.'

"Not only is it inspiring and educating, but it's proof that people can make a difference, that we can make a difference," she said. "So, Michael, I know you're out there tonight, and I just wanted to publicly thank you for sticking your neck out, for going against the establishment, for giving us the hope."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home