Tuesday, June 15, 2004

Metroactive Movies | Review: 'Fahrenheit 9/11'

By Geoffrey Dunn
Metro Santa Cruz

Metroactive Movies | 'Fahrenheit 9/11':

"I was invited to a special screening of Fahrenheit in San Francisco last week, and I entered with cautionary anticipation. I have often been troubled by the 'cinematic license' employed by Moore in his films and by his self-congratulatory and egocentric posturing. It's all made, admittedly, for some hearty laughs, but most of them were cheap. And they came, I believe, at the expense of his political message.

There's nothing cheap in Fahrenheit 9/11. This film goes for the jugular.

I came out of the San Francisco screening both profoundly disturbed and outraged by Moore's film. Fahrenheit 9/11 is a polemical triumph. "

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home