Monday, June 14, 2004

An anonymous email on Fahrenheit 9/11

Another Day in the Empire: "Dear Mr. Nimmo:

I am a great admirer of your work and wanted to comment on an article you posted today, Sunday, June 13, 2004, entitled 'Republicans are behind the effort to censor Fahrenheit 9/11.' I myself was a journalist years ago; I worked for a paper that's read worldwide, and then I worked overseas.

I now work in the entertainment industry and thus had the opportunity to see Fahrenheit 9/11 at its US premiere, at the Academy theater in Beverly Hills on June 8th. Michael Moore was there and gave a relatively short and ego-free (for him) speech afterwards. He did give an endorsement to the Democrats.

I have had discussions with Mike Rivero at What Really Happened about the film's content, and will reiterate my concerns here. Two caveats: as a former journalist myself I have always had huge problems with Moore's sloppy research, and as someone who has spent 13 years in the entertainment industry I have worked with many of the *players* involved in this film, the most prominent being the Weinsteins, and I do not trust their motives, especially given what I saw firsthand in this film:"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home