Thursday, April 14, 2005

david rovics: new CD - listen to it online

Hey folks,

Writing from lovely Traverse City, where I just finished a bit of a midwest tour last night. There were many highlights, but probably the most vivid was singing "Song for the BBB" while a dozen or so Earlham students threw pies at each other. William Kristol received his just desserts while giving a speech at Earlham just a couple weeks ago, and there's been a bit of a controversy there ever since... (Check out www.bioticbakingbrigade.org for more on this sort of thing -- and get the video, it's great!)

So now I'm heading off to Washington, DC for the IMF/World Bank protests that start tomorrow or so. I'll be doing two concerts there, one with Yikes McGhee and one with the fabulous hiphop band, the Cyphernauts -- more on those on the "gigs" page of www.davidrovics.com, and more on the protests at www.globalizethis.org. Hope to see some of you there! And for those in the northeast I hope to see you in Boston or Providence or New York or someplace later this month. Then it's off to Wisconsin, Denmark, Sweden and Britain, more or less in that order...

OK, but the main thing I wanted to mention here is that my new CD, which is called FOR THE MOMENT, is now online in it's entirety on my website. You can either go to www.davidrovics.com and click on the link in the top center of the page, or find it on the top of the "audio and video" page on my website, or go there directly via www.soundclick.com/davidrovics.

The CD will be out in physical form in a few weeks. It's currently in the process of being replicated at a plant in Oregon. It'll be on Yoyo Records (www.yoyoagogo.com) an independent label based in Olympia, Washington. It'll be distributed in stores by NAIL, so if you go to a store (sometime after it's out in physical form) and it's not there, feel free to request that they get a couple copies thru the NAIL distro.

When it's out physically you'll also be able to buy it via the "buy stuff" section of www.davidrovics.com, and of course at shows. If you know any radio programmers who would like a copy they should feel free to just email requests for CD's with their mailing address to me and I'll forward that on to the appropriate people.

I'm really excited about the new CD, and I hope you like it, too! It includes great instrumentation by folks like Sean Staples and Dave Westner from Boston, and lots of new songs you haven't heard yet. I'd particularly like to point out Professor D's rap on "Falluja." Check that out, and then consider organizing a show for me and his band, the Dope Poet Society, when we do a tour together, which will hopefully happen in late July. But basically, please feel free to go to www.soundclick.com/davidrovics and download some or all of it, and spread the word about it. Together we can break the Clearchannel monopoly on reality...

That's all for now, I guess.

Yours,
David

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home