Wednesday, August 04, 2004

Big Concert Announcement | America Coming Together (ACT)

Big Concert Announcement | America Coming Together (ACT)"So why are these artists doing it? I just watched Dave Matthews and Dixie Chicks on the TODAY Show and, of course, they get asked if this is just a way for them to express their opinions.

I don’t remember the exact responses – but, geneWhile some have been political in the past, many of these artists have never done such an event. Why now?

I think they agree – it’s about jobs, it’s about war, security and civil rights. The artists statement says it best:

“VOTE FOR CHANGE is a loose coalition of musicians brought together by a single idea – the need to make a change in the direction of our country. We share a belief that this is the most important election of our lifetime. We are fighting for a government that is open, rational, just and progressive. And we intend to be heard.

Bruce Springsteen is quoted as saying – “I felt like I couldn’t have written the music I’ve written, and been on stage singing about the things that I’ve sung about for the last 25 years and not taken part in this particular election.”

What’s your favorite song by these artists? Think of the lyrics and tell us what you want to hear.

My first pick – Land of Hopes and Dreams.

What’s yours?"



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home