Friday, July 23, 2004

RollingStone.com: Bill Clinton sounds off on the current state of politics

RollingStone.com: "Have you seen 'Fahrenheit 9/11'?
I have.
What did you think?
I think every American ought to see it. As far as I know, there are no factual errors in it, but it may connect the dots a little too close -- about the Saudis and the Bushes, and the terror and all. I'd like to see it again before making a judgment about whether I think it's totally fair.
As somebody who's been in the business of making decisions, to me the most powerful question presented was whether it was appropriate to send the bin Ladens [out of the country] -- and the other Saudis -- without interrogating them first. There's no question that most of [Bin Laden's] family deplores what he did. But, on the other hand, it's highly likely that somebody knew something that could be of value.
Do you think it moves the meter on the election?
Yeah, I think it has some effect on it. I think it just shows that we've got the intensity on our side this year."


By WILL DANA

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home