Thursday, July 08, 2004

IMDb user comments for Fahrenheit 9/11: More heartfelt than sassy

IMDb user comments for Fahrenheit 9/11 (2004): "I have to admit that I've never been a fan of Michael Moore. But I have to give him credit for this film, he managed to make an emotional connection between the suffering of the war and all of us sitting safely back home. And that's no mean feat.

So this film turns out to be kind of woolly-headed. Either it's indulging in juvenile schoolyard mockery, or it's jerking tears for all it's worth. The funny thing is, though, that this works. One movie that can bring me to tears at the sight of the suffering of Iraqi children, or US casualties or their kin is worth 1000 articles in The Nation.

One thing I can't really share with Moore is his optimism. I fear that America, all Americans, have become so greedy, cold hearted and corrupt, that nothing can be done to reverse this trend of hateful military domination that has been developing, with respect to US foreign policy, since the Spanish-American War at the turn of the 20th century.

Does America have a heart? That's the real question. My answer is: no."

littlesiddie
Cambridge, MA
Date: 7 July 2004
Excerpts

IMDb User Review Numbers
SpiderMan 2 475
Fahrenheit 9/11 757

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home