Saturday, May 29, 2004

Flint woman spotlighted in Moore's latest movie

Flint woman spotlighted in Moore's latest movie:
BY BEN SCHMITT
FREE PRESS STAFF WRITER

Lila Lipscomb used to hate antiwar protesters.

This summer, though, she is likely to be embraced by them, thanks to the key roles she and her late son -- who died serving in with the Army in Iraq -- play in Michael Moore's new movie.

In an interview this week, Lipscomb said her son apologized for his feelings about Bush.

"I raised my children to respect the position of the president of the United States," Lipscombsaid. "But my son was angry. He had a right to be angry."

Lipscomb last saw Pedersen at Christmas 2002, when he was headed to Iraq.

"He shared with me that he was scared but that he knew he had to go because he had committed to doing a job and he was committed to his unit," Lipscomb said, wiping tears from her face. "We both discussed our feelings. We were against it.

"I just ache. I ache. I asked God, 'Why my son?' And he answered, 'Why not?' I just want to understand why he had to be there in the first place."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home