Wednesday, December 22, 2004

Rolling Stone : Michael Moore Person of the Year

(excerpt)

You once said you considered Roger and Me a failure, because your goal for the film was to save your hometown, and that didn't happen. Do you feel the same way about Fahrenheit 9/11 now that Bush has been re-elected?

No. I mean, Bush is still in office, but the film is about the war in Iraq and the war on terrorism. Those were the original reasons I made the film. It wasn't about the election. The feeling I had after Roger and Me was different because those of us from Flint [Michigan] who made the movie felt like we had the power to change things. In this case, you know, I wasn't the candidate. I couldn't make John Kerry give a very simple answer to what he would do with this war.

Do you think a possible good outcome of Bush winning could be that more people, particularly young people, are becoming radicalized?

I'm confident that's what will happen. I hate to think that that's a good thing, because it means over the next four years some people, many people, are going to have to suffer. But, you know, my hope was that young people would get out and vote, and they voted in record numbers. I don't know why that story hasn't been told. It was the largest turnout of eighteen- to twenty-nine-year-olds since eighteen-year-olds were given the vote in '72. And it was the only age group where Kerry got the majority.

(click on the title for the whole article)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home