Tuesday, August 17, 2004

How a Movie Can Move the Voting Public -- 6,000 letters a day and counting

“Prior to seeing your movie, I considered myself a Republican and planned to vote for Bush. However, after seeing the movie my opinion strongly changed. You opened my eyes to bush's lies and sneaky tactics. I plan to join the marine corpse as I always had, but now I am more motivated to do so so I can help the families of all the fallen soldiers. Thank you for bringing a personal side of war to me. The images I saw in the movie will always be in my head to remind me of the sacrifices the men and women make for me and you, as they serve in the armed forces--not for president Bush but for the AMERICAN people as a whole.” –Semper Fi, M.C.


“Once an obnoxious republican.....You have changed my mind...” –B.J.B., Texas


“Just last night I was able to convince my ultraconservative parents to go see your new movie with me. They were deeply moved, and very appreciative of your work. Thanks to you and your movie, there are two fewer George W. voters in the world. Thank you for what you are doing for our country.” –L.F.


“I am a registered Republican engaged to a Democrat. I am an open-minded Republican and my home is full of lively debate. I believe in being honest and I honor truth. Your film, ‘Fahrenheit 9/11’ was moving and well done. It haunted my thoughts for days. I had decided on my own, that Pres. George W. Bush had lied to me and that I was not going to support his re-election campaign. Upon seeing the film, I picked up a John Kerry for President bumper sticker and placed it on my car. I feel like a schmuck for voting for and supporting GWB and I am encouraging all my friends and co-workers to become informed” –C., Camarillo, California

(click on the title for more accounts)

1 Comments:

At 8:59 PM, Blogger Axinar said...

As mad as he makes some of the "Monied White Men" I know, Michael Moore MUST be on to SOMETHING.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home